Looking for a flexible, fun, slightly frightening stand for your iPhone or iPad? Then the Breffo Spiderpodium and Breffo Siderpodium Tablet could be what you need
As a piece of product design, the Breffo Spiderpodium is stunningly simple: you take eight legs made from rubber-coated British Steel and attach them to a central 'body'; make each leg jointed along its length so individual leg segments can be bent into shape; and then impress everyone with your idea. Why?
Because although the Breffo Spiderpodium is stunningly simple; it's also very, very clever. Here's how:
- It's robust enough to withstand months or even years of constant readjustment and abuse;
- It's flexible enough that you can bend the legs in numerous ways and still get it to grip your iPhone, iPad and other objects securely. You can even use it to attach an iPad to a car head restraint as a way of keeping back seat passengers entertained;
- It's strong enough enough standalone on your desk and keep your iPad or iPhone in position in either portrait or landscape mode;
- It's rubbery covering ensures that your precious gadgets won't get scratched while it's holding them;
- It quickly and easily folds flat so you can stow it in a bag or even your pocket;
- It looks like a spider, but it isn't
The Breffo Spiderpodium comes in two different versions and lots of different colours. The basic Spiderpodium - which is ideal for holding an iPhone or other mobile - costs £14.95 and is available in black, blue, graphite, green, pink purple and white.
The Spiderpodium Tablet - which is ideal for tablets like the iPad as well as SLR cameras and other gadgets - costs £24.95* and is available in black or graphite.
Now let's have a look at some pictures of it in action, shall we? Lovely.
* When we wrote about the Spiderpodium Tablet in CA 208, we got the price wrong. We said it was £49. It's not. Sorry.